A 22-year-old man died after a fire engulfed a house in HCMC’s Tan Phu District on Sunday.
The fire began at around 1 a.m. in a three-story house on Le Sao Street. Three people, aged 22-25, were trapped inside when the fire broke out.
Locals tried to extinguish the fire, but the main entrance was blocked by a roller door.
Seven firefighter trucks and 45 firefighters were later dispatched to the scene. Two people were rescued, but the other was found dead on the first floor.
The blaze was extinguished around two hours later. The house, spanning 400 m2, had all its interior burned down.